|I attribute my success to this - I never gave or took any excuse., Florence Nightingale, Strategist
|BENEFITS OF STUDENT-DIRECTED TEACHING
Student-Directed Teaching was developed through years of research, study and practical application by educational pioneers Don and Anne Green. Originally devised for the gifted and talented student, this program has proven equally powerfully at maximizing the potential of all students.
- Students take risks more frequently and feel comfortable doing so.
- Students gain a sense of ownership.
- Everyone feels like it is “their” classroom.
- Everyone is given the same opportunity.
- Students achieve a greater and deeper learning experience.
- Students respect & appreciate one another.
- Students are encouraged to achieve success by using his/her strengths.
- Students take responsibility and ownership for personal learning.
- Students receive support and encouragement from peers & staff.
- Creates a positive classroom atmosphere.
- Students learn from each other.
- Individualizes each child’s learning
- Social interaction facilitates learning.
- Teacher shares the same community as the students.
- Students build on one another’s ideas.
- Students practice socialization everyday.
- Students learn proper ways to socialize.
- Students feel safe in their environment.
- Students learn to take turns sharing their stories and ideas.
- Students become motivated, active learners.
- Allows curriculum and resource to support the learning instead of leading the learning.
Green Learning Academy keeps your child’s “paradise” alive.
“As a young child I shared storybooks with “Gamma” and we spent the afternoons rocking to new and exotic places all around the world. It was a magical time for me, which came to an end when I started school. The new experience didn’t build on my first encounters. The books at school had three leading characters;Dick, Jane and Sally. Who spent their entire time running, jumping or playing. You might say I felt a loss of paradise at a very early age.”